1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Hoping the Verizon email doesn't come out today....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rdalcanto, Mar 16, 2011.

1. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 18, 2009
    I'm really disappointed that we can't pre-order in stores, or order online today for delivery tomorrow. I have to work tomorrow, but fortunately my lovely wife will go to the Verizon store for me 30 minutes before they open to try to get me a phone. I'm hoping that most people who would consider buying the phone, don't know that it is releasing tomorrow, so she will be successful. Nothing would piss me off more after waiting for months, than to come up empty handed tomorrow because they don't have enough units to sell. So lets hope the email from Verizon notifying everyone about the release doesn't come out for a couple more days....

Also, why do you think they aren't doing online ordering today? Is it to help the stores with sales/commissions since many of us would just buy online if we had the chance? :thinking:

Advertisement

2. mlee21

mlee21 Newbie
    None

Mar 15, 2011
    to squeak out an extra day of iphone sales? :rolleyes:

what do i know.

3. garnto

garnto Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    dont worry about it. anyone who doesn't already know will most likely not be willing to show up right when the stores opens

4. mush10

mush10 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    My business account is not even pre-ordering. They are ordering it tomorrow for Friday AM delivery. I may have to avoid this site tomorrow, so I won't be too jealous until mine comes.

5. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 29, 2010
    I'm an indirect store owner and we still can't even order them. I don't know what the deal is.

6. rbstew25

rbstew25 Lurker
    None

Feb 17, 2011
    photo, merchant services
    Finger Lakes, NY
    My Local non-Corporate Verizon dealer called me last nite. His rep had just called to take his order. My store owner did not know that the phone was "officially" announced" for distribution at 9:00 am yesterday until I stopped by the store. They are overnighting tonite for delivery tomorrow. I pick up at 9:30.

7. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 29, 2010
    I'd like to know how stores do this? I'm a store owner and the only way we can order is through an internal Verizon website. They've been listed last night but always show there are 0 available for us to order. I contact my Account Manager at Verizon and he says he hasn't heard anything about ordering availability.