1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

horrendous random beeping noise - please help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nob00st, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Nob00st

Nob00st Lurker

Ok, I'm quite confused. I've had my Samsung Captivate for about 4 days now, and today when i plugged it in mid-day to charge (om nom nom battery life) it started emitting random, extremely obnoxious high-pitched beeps about 2 times per minute. It does it whether or not it's on A/C power, it even does it when the phone's powered off but the battery's in there, I just don't understand why or how to stop it.

Phone is awesome otherwise! Anyone having this issue/ know where it's coming from?

-James, confused

2. Nob00st

Nob00st Lurker

oh god I'm off on the wrong foot. It was the smoke detector directly above where my phone was charging. Sorry guys. Admins can delete this, I apologize profusely. I promise to make relevant posts in the future :)

3. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Sounds like a reminder beep

4. brefmint

brefmint Newbie

This is the best post I've ever read!

kirstie41159 likes this.
  5. +1 :d

6. Jack45

Jack45 Android Expert

The real question is...was the OP serious?

7. getDange

getDange Android Enthusiast

OP, you are not alone. I am having this exact same issue, I have to carry my phone in a thick padded pouch so the noise is not too bothersome. The noise seems to disappear when I step out of the house into the noise streets. A press release just hit the wires, samsung is recalling the captivates because of this issue precisely, admitting it was their error and some phones are faulty.

8. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Oppsss. I didn't read the smoke detector post.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews