• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Horrible Battery Life...

solidkevin

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2009
So yea Im trying different options to gain battery life but man oh man it dies quickly! The most dissapointing fact thought is that it dies in standby! why?? My hero would last long in standby as well as every other phone ive had! Note:This is my second day with it so I hope it gets better.

whats a logcat? How do I do it? And what do you mean by crappy apps? I assume resource heavy? Thanks.

I had beautifulwidgets installed and had the refresh rate at 2hrs, so it should only do something every 2hrs. But in the logcat I saw that it was doing "something" every MINUTE. So that's what I mean with crappy apps ;) (I think it was requesting my location from the OS every minute)

I'll write a little 'how to access the logcat' by tomorrow :)

Upvote 0
I had beautifulwidgets installed and had the refresh rate at 2hrs, so it should only do something every 2hrs. But in the logcat I saw that it was doing "something" every MINUTE. So that's what I mean with crappy apps ;) (I think it was requesting my location from the OS every minute)

I'll write a little 'how to access the logcat' by tomorrow :)

I await your how-to then, and what are some of the "crappy apps"?

Upvote 0
I was good for a day or more pre-update on 2/2, but now my battery is dead by lunch (4-5 hours). I haven't installed any new apps, and the only difference I've noticed is an "E" in the notification bar. I don't have a data plan, and just use wifi, but it's constantly trying to use Edge, even though there's no plan...

Upvote 0
I hope it's tweaked in this coming update; i can't stand being able to actually watch the battery lose bars!

To the people going 3 days, that sounds flat out impossible with any use at all..lol; maybe i got a dud battery but I can go about 8 - 10 hours maybe if im actually using it. When it's sitting doing nothing i can get a couple days probably.

Upvote 0
mine would drain to 50% in about 4hrs just sitting there on standby, at most checking a couple emails... no calls... no wifi, no gps, no BT, shortest notification interval was 2hrs... had a bad unit, simple as that... returned...

so i can relate to the OP... reports of people like us that can't make it through a day with a full charge, with minimal use, and others making it 2 days with all the stuff turned on liek wifi and gps... just doesn't make any sense... way too big of a gap... something is definitely up with MANY Nexus One units.... look through the threads, battery life is a recurring woe...

Upvote 0
I get better battery life than I did on my G1 and iphone. Typically I unplug the phone at 7am and dont use it much at work cept to check/send some txts and I leave wifi off, gps is always on and bluetooth is on/paired for about 2 hours. Usually when I get home around 6:30pm I have around 70% battery left.

It also depends alot on what apps and widgets you use. I always have the news/weather widget, pure calendar, facebook widgets running. My battery life today seemed to be quite a bit better after the update also.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones