1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Horrible battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ievgeniia87, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Ievgeniia87

Ievgeniia87 New Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Hi,

I bought an LG Optimus Black P970 about a month ago. And in the past couple of days it started draining the battery really bad. It was pretty much full charged when I went to sleep, woke up in the morning and it was at 30%. Couple of texts take about 20% every time.
    The battery use shows 50% - Mobile Standby, 49% - Phone idle, 2% - Diplay. I've also checked time without signal - 0%, so it can't be it. I don't have a data plan, so don't use 3G. I tried turning off Wi-fi and background data - didn't help. Any ideas? It drived me crazy - what is using up the battery overnight?? I don't really have any apps on it either. Please help!
    PS It's not rooted.

Advertisement

2. kadimi

kadimi Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Your battery is not working properly.

You may want to try to revive it.

3. Ewanmohsen

Ewanmohsen New Member

Oct 3, 2012
    I have the same problem :( ... I sleep and wake up look at my phone see battery less than 80 or 70 % an, I left it 100% fully charged .. I'm really surprised from tht I didn't use the phone never an, the battery don't live long time whyyy ?! And I asked the reapair mobiles here in Egypt them told me it was from software and we fixed it by updating ur software I said ok tht's good an battery will never less he said yeah for sure ... An, still have the problem ohhhh :(

4. anranga

anranga Member

Feb 11, 2012
    I bought my LG p370 (optimus black) a year ago & immediately realized that the battery was bad. I have since keep WiFi, 2g/3g switched off when not in use. ANother thing that takes battery a lot is the GPS, finally I have also reduced the brightness & set the screen lock time to 30 secs.

What helped the most was installing JuiceDefender, Try & let me know.

5. UniversalSS

UniversalSS New Member

Oct 30, 2012
    The battery is not that bad if you use a custom ROM.I was using a ROM(will not disclose the name)I left it overnight and it was 99%:D