• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Horrible Battery\um what rom do I have?

Toyzruskid1976

Jan 19, 2010
Dayton, OH
So i have two issues. The first one... I forget what Rom I have.
Mod Version AOSPCMOD-HC-20110421 Kernal 2.6.29.6 AOSPCMOD Android 2.3.3

Second issue (and the big one) what the heck happened to my battery. I have beeen trying forever to figure this one out. I did the reset battery deal several times and still nothing. I've never had this issue. I get maybe 4 hours? Maps seems to be using a lot of action. Google Voice is one of the top Partial Sleep. (I keep killing the widget) I realized Lattitude was turned on (no clue why, but even turning it off didn't work) I have GPS and Wireless location turned off. Shopkick is uninstalled.

What am I missing??? I wanted to see if I had the latest ROM update and went omg wtf I can't remember which ROM I'm on. I bounced between a few of them and forgot what I had lol.

Any direction would be helpful.. yes I've been googling for the past few days and I've tried numerous fixes as stated above, but I'm getting crap battery life :(

So i have two issues. The first one... I forget what Rom I have.
Mod Version AOSPCMOD-HC-20110421 Kernal 2.6.29.6 AOSPCMOD Android 2.3.3

Second issue (and the big one) what the heck happened to my battery. I have beeen trying forever to figure this one out. I did the reset battery deal several times and still nothing. I've never had this issue. I get maybe 4 hours? Maps seems to be using a lot of action. Google Voice is one of the top Partial Sleep. (I keep killing the widget) I realized Lattitude was turned on (no clue why, but even turning it off didn't work) I have GPS and Wireless location turned off. Shopkick is uninstalled.

What am I missing??? I wanted to see if I had the latest ROM update and went omg wtf I can't remember which ROM I'm on. I bounced between a few of them and forgot what I had lol.

Any direction would be helpful.. yes I've been googling for the past few days and I've tried numerous fixes as stated above, but I'm getting crap battery life :(

It looks like you are on the AOSP Android 2.3.3 ROM and perhaps flashing to the latest version which is AOSP Android 2.3.4 would help: http://androidforums.com/sprint-her...od-aosp-2-3-4-cm7-gingerbread-05-23-11-a.html .

If you do not feel like doing that, try booting into recovery and wiping your cache and then going into Advanced and wiping Dalvik cache. Also, why are you killing widgets? If you do not want the widget, just take it off of your home screen. What exactly are you using to kill your widgets?

Upvote 0
Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure if I was on that series of patches. I'm going to install it now assuming it doesnt require a clean wipe.

With regards to the widget... here's the thing... I don't have widgets yet it shows up as a widget. I heard it was a glitch with Google Voice.

If you go into running applications you'll see the google voice widget running.

Settings also takes up a good part of my resources as does google maps (even though I have location services completely turned off)

Upvote 0
Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure if I was on that series of patches. I'm going to install it now assuming it doesnt require a clean wipe.

With regards to the widget... here's the thing... I don't have widgets yet it shows up as a widget. I heard it was a glitch with Google Voice.

If you go into running applications you'll see the google voice widget running.

Settings also takes up a good part of my resources as does google maps (even though I have location services completely turned off)

First, do the cache wiping that I mentioned in my other post. If you want to flash AOSP Android 2.3.4, you should be able to do so over top, but if that causes problems, you will need to do a clean wipe and flash it again along with the latest GApps.

Are you just force closing the Google Voice widget from the Applications Management window or are you using a task killer? If it is the latter, and it is constantly killing that widget, and then it restarts, that could drain the battery.

Upvote 0
Unless you are actively using Google Maps, I do not see any reason why it should be eating up your battery, especially if you have disabled Google Latitude. I turn my GPS and Wi-Fi off when I am not using them too, and Google Maps never shows up in the battery usage list unless I had been using it recently.

Hopefully clearing up the caches or flashing the newer version of the ROM will fix things. It sounds like something funny is going on in the background that is constantly accessing your GPS, and that would definitely kill your battery in the time you mentioned.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones