1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Horrible signal except one area (quite interesting)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wafa510, Jun 7, 2011.

1. wafa510

wafa510 Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2011
    Albrightsville, PA
    Just had to share an interesting observation. I live in the Pocono mountains which is a high elevation. Signal in this area is usually poor to none. A couple of miles away from my house is the Pocono Raceway. Pocono Raceway is sponsored by Sprint and technically now is the "Sprint Pocono Raceway". Well I was heading towards that area and wouldn't you know it, the area just around the raceway was the first time I ever saw full bars on my phone and 3G. I was amazed, and as soon as you pass by (either way you go), it went back to no bars and 1X as it usually is around here. Sprint had to make sure you at least got bars and signal at their raceway! Just had to share that one!:thinking:

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Wouldn't you know it lol. Thanks for sharing

3. wafa510

wafa510 Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2011
    Albrightsville, PA
    Of course another thought...thousands of people come from all over the country to Nascar...the Pocono Raceway holds two races each year....imagine all the Sprint customers who are there and imagine if they could not get a signal at Sprint's own raceway to make a call! Sprint would be losing a lot of business! I just do not understand why everywhere else around there the signal sucks!