• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Horrible software: Documents to Go

Mahalo

Android Enthusiast
Apr 15, 2010
Tampa, Florida
OK, so a while (and SEVERAL Incredibles) ago I bought the full version of Documents to Go. The software had the features I needed and I felt that it was a fair price. I bought it via the Market since I knew that I often swap ROMs and have lost and bricked several phones in the past. At least this way I can just sign into the market and update/reinstall when needed, right?

WRONG! The very first time this failed DataViz provided me with my old order # and a new link wo download the software. OK, I used it. I put it on two ROMs and lost that phone. After bricking the next one and finally getting a replacement for it I tried the link I had been previously sent which was no good.

So I went to their "Support" section which lists my purchased software and has a link to download it which also yields nothing...

They do not publish a "support" contact on their web site and say to post in their forums, which are moderated and require an administrative approval to post. I have not had to jump through this many hoops since I was trying to convince my dad to let me take the 'vette to Prom.

Screw it. I don't want it. I just hope I can save someone else their money. If you need mobile "Office" apps, look elsewhere. I've read about several others with more features. DATAVIZ won't rip you off immediately, they will make it so inconvenient for you that you will just give up on getting your software after a reload or three.

OK, so a while (and SEVERAL Incredibles) ago I bought the full version of Documents to Go. The software had the features I needed and I felt that it was a fair price. I bought it via the Market since I knew that I often swap ROMs and have lost and bricked several phones in the past. At least this way I can just sign into the market and update/reinstall when needed, right?

WRONG! The very first time this failed DataViz provided me with my old order # and a new link wo download the software. OK, I used it. I put it on two ROMs and lost that phone. After bricking the next one and finally getting a replacement for it I tried the link I had been previously sent which was no good.

So I went to their "Support" section which lists my purchased software and has a link to download it which also yields nothing...

They do not publish a "support" contact on their web site and say to post in their forums, which are moderated and require an administrative approval to post. I have not had to jump through this many hoops since I was trying to convince my dad to let me take the 'vette to Prom.

Screw it. I don't want it. I just hope I can save someone else their money. If you need mobile "Office" apps, look elsewhere. I've read about several others with more features. DATAVIZ won't rip you off immediately, they will make it so inconvenient for you that you will just give up on getting your software after a reload or three.

same here i like the app and i paid 15.00 for it. after the nov. update i couldn't get it back. i went to dataviz and jumped through there hoops and the new link will not download. i'll have to try another documents app too.

Upvote 0
just e-mail support@dataviz.com with your order #, name and e-mail address. I've never had an issue getting it activated despite changing ROMs and updating quite frequently. If you have issues, just use titanium backup or something similar to backup the app so you don't even have to deal with reinstalling it again.

I'm not going to do that each time I reinstall my phone. I can live without it. It is a hassle they should have fixed LONG ago. If I can prevent one person from wasting their money on it then it is as good if not better than getting my money back.

Upvote 0
I'm not going to do that each time I reinstall my phone. I can live without it. It is a hassle they should have fixed LONG ago. If I can prevent one person from wasting their money on it then it is as good if not better than getting my money back.

1. Your thread title is not representative of your opinion. You are not claiming a problem with the software itself but the developers. The thread title is your way of trying to hurt their business through misrepresenting your problem.

2. Didn't the last poster give you a SIMPLE and easy way to fix this? Why not try it and then comment?

3. No offense, but you ave installed their software a bunch of times and now have a problem and this makes you go off on a rant? Seems a bit petty.

I dont have any connection to the developer or the software, just found this a bit vindictive.

Reactions: elborak
Upvote 0
same here i like the app and i paid 15.00 for it. after the nov. update i couldn't get it back. i went to dataviz and jumped through there hoops and the new link will not download. i'll have to try another documents app too.

Why would you have needed to reinstall it after the update? The update alone did not change any software. I didn't have to reinstall any apps after the update.

I love documents to go. I used it on my old Treo 700P and I use it now.

Upvote 0
1. Your thread title is not representative of your opinion. You are not claiming a problem with the software itself but the developers. The thread title is your way of trying to hurt their business through misrepresenting your problem.

2. Didn't the last poster give you a SIMPLE and easy way to fix this? Why not try it and then comment?

3. No offense, but you ave installed their software a bunch of times and now have a problem and this makes you go off on a rant? Seems a bit petty.

I dont have any connection to the developer or the software, just found this a bit vindictive.

No offense taken. I find that the software publishers are problematic in that, unlike almost all other apps, free or not, I am unable to reinstall without spending additional time sending an email, waiting for a reply, then following another link to get what I paid for. If it doesn't work in the market and if your purchase is not remembered then there is a problem. Vindictive... not really, miffed, certainly. The software works ok...in and of itself, but the overall experience is what counts to me. I was told that this issue would be fixed months ago. Now the interim link I was provided is no longer valid. It isn't like a car, they don't need to build a new one for me to install it. Plus, although the email address for support is posted above it isn't posted in their support. That takes you to q moderated forum where I almost wasted more of my time.

I understand where you are coming from, though, and if possible I'll modify the thread title when I get home.

Upvote 0
No offense taken. I find that the software publishers are problematic in that, unlike almost all other apps, free or not, I am unable to reinstall without spending additional time sending an email, waiting for a reply, then following another link to get what I paid for. If it doesn't work in the market and if your purchase is not remembered then there is a problem. Vindictive... not really, miffed, certainly. The software works ok...in and of itself, but the overall experience is what counts to me. I was told that this issue would be fixed months ago. Now the interim link I was provided is no longer valid. It isn't like a car, they don't need to build a new one for me to install it. Plus, although the email address for support is posted above it isn't posted in their support. That takes you to q moderated forum where I almost wasted more of my time.

I understand where you are coming from, though, and if possible I'll modify the thread title when I get home.

I read too much into your original post. I understand better now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones