1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

horrible yes horrible speeds on 3g help.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by junebogey, May 17, 2011.

1. junebogey

junebogey Well-Known Member

When i say horrible i mean horrible like .1mbps bad at my max at my min i get .03 on my friends epic he gets .6 at least thats ok!! Not great but ok so i think something is wrong with my phone 4g works good i get 5-7mbps but eats battery i want 3g i remember when i got my evo on release date i would get 1.5mbps help!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Download/upload is based on the network in your area. If a lot of people are using 3G in your area the network is clogged and your download speed will be slow. No way to fix this. Sprint ranks #3 or #4 in regard to 3G data speeds out of all the major carriers.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Follow the link in my sig and see if it helps. .1 speeds typically mean a tower outage tho

4. alextop30

alextop30 Android Expert

Something that really increased my 3g speed was updating the data phone profile and prl you can do that from the settings >software update >profile update. I was having similar problems at my home, this will not fix if the towers in your area are overloaded.

5. dornier

dornier Member

I just got off the phone with Sprint due to the sloooooow 3g data speeds. At my house and workplace using the speedtest.net app, I'm averaging 0.02 Mbps download. My wifes epic 4g got around 0.58 Mbps download speeds. In either case the 3G speeds are too slow. I updated both the PRL and data profile. The speeds increased, but it only lasted a day or so, now the super slow speeds are back.

Just for a comparison, I did a speed test against a tmobile samsung android phone. The tmobile speed was 1.5 Mbps download while my sprint EVO topped out at 0.02 Mbps. I guess I will need to consider changing carriers for faster data speeds at this point.

By the way, there's no Sprint 4g service in my area.

6. alextop30

alextop30 Android Expert

It is exactly the same for me at my workplace, in Chicago the towers get overloaded because too many monkeys are hanging on the airwaves . But that is besides the point when I go home I get nice 3g speeds that is can watch youtube videos in high definition over 3g. Go figure sprint it seems they wired the suburbs better than the city aka downtown.

tiny2nz likes this.
  7. tiny2nz

tiny2nz Member

thanks Alex I thought it
    was just me (FAR South SIde 130th)

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews