1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Horrid battery, should I exchange it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Aqua Teen Carl, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Aqua Teen Carl

Aqua Teen Carl New Member

Jul 26, 2010
    I apologize ahead of time for creating another battery thread but I need some info on this.

My Droid X is fully charged in the morning and I remove it from the charger at 7 AM and by noon it's at 30%. That's just from laying on my desk and maybe answering 3 or 4 texts. I've done all of the suggested things like uninstalling APK, putting my display down to 1%, no live wallpapers, shutting off GPS/Wifi, eliminating widgets from updating, letting social apps sync over wifi, etc.

I exchanged my first battery (I thought it was faulty) and this new one is doing the EXACT same thing. I was thinking that I should exchange my phone for a new one (I got it at Walmart) but will this even help? Has anyone else exchanged a phone due to a faulty battery and got a better performing one in return?

Advertisement

2. Aqua Teen Carl

Aqua Teen Carl New Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Any ideas for this?

3. kheovnien

kheovnien Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    my battery life was really bad too. 1 hour of usage and i was at 20% battery life. i just exchanged it for a new battery and now it's rock solid. maybe u got 2 bad batteries? also, did u check what is using up ur battery? might want to try a factory reset in case u have something running that u don't know about (but only as a LAST resort).

4. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Midlothian, Va
    It is most likely and app that is keeping the phone awake. Download spare parts and see what is causing to keep your phone awake (if anything)