• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Horror Story] Asurion will ONLY give you an Eris for your Droid as of yesterday afternoon

I was under the impression that the insurance was to cover things that a carrier "wouldn't", so what difference should it make whether you have a janky ROM wreck your phone, or it gets tossed into a swimming pool? Big Red wouldn't want to touch either one, so couldn't I claim either one and get the same result (a replaced phone in return for my paid deductable)?

If I remember correctly, rooting your phone voids the warranty and the insurance. I seem to remember something about that being one of the terms in the contract with Asurion.

Kratos

Upvote 0
Anyone made any claims lately? I'm considering making one for my Droid now because a friend spilled a drink on it at a party last month and its totally killed the vibrator motor now. But I'm not sure if it's worth $90 to replace or if I should just live with it til my upgrade. But if it's likely I'll get a Droid 2/Global as a replacement now that the Droid hasn't been manufactured in a while, then I think it might be worth it.

I'm getting tired of all my apps and launcher being purged from memory causing lag out the wazoo after a day of use. Yes, I'm rooted and tried every rom available along with Swapper2 and Compcache. So I think a Droid 2 would fix this and make the deductible worth it.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Anyone made any claims lately? I'm considering making one for my Droid now because a friend spilled a drink on it at a party last month and its totally killed the vibrator motor now. But I'm not sure if it's worth $90 to replace or if I should just live with it til my upgrade. But if it's likely I'll get a Droid 2/Global as a replacement now that the Droid hasn't been manufactured in a while, then I think it might be worth it.

I'm getting tired of all my apps and launcher being purged from memory causing lag out the wazoo after a day of use. Yes, I'm rooted and tried every rom available along with Swapper2 and Compcache. So I think a Droid 2 would fix this and make the deductible worth it.

Thanks!
I know the vibrator motor is on a ribbon with the power button and camera button and the part for the original DROID is super hard to get. My buddy who is an authorized Motorola repair shop had to wait like three weeks to get the part in.

Upvote 0
Yea I plugged in my phone into my usb port on my comp and it shorted out. I was a big short because both the phone and computer turned off while the computer no longer recognizes usb devices. my Motorola droid no longer charges through usb wall charger. When I plug in my phone into another computer it no longer gets recognized. When the phone is completely dead and i plug in the usb wall charger the phone will boot into the bootloader. So i can no longer plug into computer to run adb or anything like that so i want to call asurion to get it replaced. But would like to know if they still shipping the droid or something better because i actually have an eris that i have from when i bought my droid and don't want to downgrade to an eris or anything like it. The only way i can charge my phone is by charging the battery separately out of the phone with a separate battery charger. So when im charging the phone i can't use my phone what so ever. Any one know if its still shipping?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones