• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hosting Game Server on Android Device

Goldendan

Lurker
Sep 9, 2010
Im relatively new to Android phones, so I dont even know if this is possible or not. My idea is to create an application that can open ports on the device and allow the user to host a game server. For example, The game Halo PC requires ports 80, 2302 and 2303 to be open. Would it be possible to create an application that opens those ports and then can run a game server that can be played on via a computer.

Im relatively new to Android phones, so I dont even know if this is possible or not. My idea is to create an application that can open ports on the device and allow the user to host a game server. For example, The game Halo PC requires ports 80, 2302 and 2303 to be open. Would it be possible to create an application that opens those ports and then can run a game server that can be played on via a computer.

The problem with this is that the bandwidth for mobile networks is capped. I suppose, in theory, it is possible if using wifi, but I am not positive...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones