1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hot Reboot + Whatsapp/KakaoTalk = doesnt work

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by aznkenny, May 23, 2011.

1. aznkenny

aznkenny Lurker

Does anyone have trouble when you do a hotreboot and then Whatsapp and Kakaotalk do not work?

The issue i am having is basically what i said. I am using a Nexus One 2.3.4, rooted.
    Both Whatsapp and KakaoTalk are stored on SD Card, while HotReboot is stored on phone memory.

In order to remedy this issue I have to place both whatsapp and kakaotalk back into phone memory then back to SD card memory to fix it. It is quite annoying to do this everytime I hot reboot.

Anyone know how to remedy this without the obvious answer of not hot rebooting...

This issue does not occur if i actually hold the power button and turn off, then turn back on. only hot reboot.

Thanks for any assistance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Not sure that I have an answer for you, but have you tried keeping the other apps in phone memory, then trying Hot Reboot? Maybe the partial booting screws with how the OS reads apps on the card.

3. aznkenny

aznkenny Lurker

I am sure that will work but everytime i wish to do a hot reboot id have to move it into phone memory then back to SD card memory.

But I am pretty sure it was 100% working, without problems, when i was on froyo and didnt have this problem.

oh well if no fix ill live with it like this... annoying

thanks though

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest

I think you're misreading me. Have you thought about moving those apps over to phone memory permanently? Try leaving them there for a while, then reboot s normal and watch their behavior.

5. aznkenny

aznkenny Lurker

well i wanted to avoid moving those apps to phone storage as that the N1's phone storage is quite lacking... and i know that if i leave them on phone storage they will start up just fine as i have tested that before.

just looking for a solution to keep them perma on sd card, reboot, have no problems... i hope