• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hot spot tethering

paidNfool

Lurker
Feb 21, 2011
I am going to be getting the Droid x or the droid 2, or probably both. X for me 2 for the wife. Anyway we have the HTC Eris right now and use pda.net as are way of accessing the net on our laptop. I am interested in these phones specifically for the ability to make a mobile hot spot out of them. I talked to Verizon about it and they want to charge me $10 per GB, when my plan is unlimited. I'd like to get around it if possible.

I did do some searching before asking this question but I really didn't find much. I even read 1 of the threads it suggested and didn't really seem to get me there.

Obviously there are apps, what I'm looking for is what ones are available. For the phones. Are there any that are free?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones