• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hot spot widget by Harold M.

Tiger Lilly

Lurker
Aug 13, 2011
Now that I have this downloaded on my LG Optimus v - how do I fix this so no one can use the hot spot but me?

Plain and simple instructions please, technically challenged here!

And.....

How secure is the widget? Is it gathering my bank account numbers and pass words?

Thanks.

Now that I have this downloaded on my LG Optimus v - how do I fix this so no one can use the hot spot but me?

Plain and simple instructions please, technically challenged here!

And.....

How secure is the widget? Is it gathering my bank account numbers and pass words?

Thanks.

I'm sure there are instructions with the Virgin Mobile MiFi hotspot when you purchase it. Not sure if there is a Widget that comes with the MiFi for your phone or not.

MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot | Virgin Mobile

There's a link ^ in case you forgot to purchase this service from them. ;)

Upvote 0
First off, it breaks your TOS to use your phone as a hot spot. You may want to consider easy tether instead, don't have to configure to lock your wifi.

You always make me giggle when I read your advice to these types of threads lol. It's like berating a thief when you catch them, and then telling them how to escape with the goods. ;) :p

Reactions: AndyOpie150
Upvote 0
You always make me giggle when I read your advice to these types of threads lol. It's like berating a thief when you catch them, and then telling them how to escape with the goods.
It's not my place to play Daddy, I get enough of that at home with my 3 kids. Just kindly informing them what they're doing isn't allowed and since the OP isn't technically savvy I offered an alternative, because chances are they're going to do it anyway.

I'm glad to amuse you though!

Upvote 0
My eyes are not as good since I'm older now. I thought that having the hotspot available when I travel would work with my iPad when I would be looking for a hotel or some place to eat. As long as I can find a wifi place, using my iPad is what I'll do instead of using my LG as I can see it a whole lot better.

I don't download games, movies, music. I don't text, twitter, Facebook or Skype. As far using 2.5 gb (whatever that is) -I don't think it will happen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones