1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Hot Springs Story (from the makers of Game Dev Story)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by GAMESHARQ, Apr 21, 2011.

1. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 28, 2010
    I searched the board before I made this topic so I apologize if I missed if this was already announced or not. But in case anyone didn't know, Hot Springs Story is now available in the US Android market and it's on sale for $3.99. I wanted to share this news because Game Dev Story is a fantastic game and I can't wait to dive into Hot Springs Story.

Advertisement

2. takethewall

takethewall Member
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    Ah this is great to hear! Played it on my ipod, a lot more in depth than GDS, but doesn't quite have the charm.

3. Quboid

Quboid Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 30, 2009
    Male
    Londonderry, UK
    I wish these guys would make proper use of the touch screen. This is an improvement over Game Dev Story, but it still uses the touchscreen to simulate a D-Pad, rather than utilising it properly. To add insult to injury, it doesn't use my phone's D-Pad (optical tracker thingy).

Aside from this, it's an interesting game and more indepth than GDS, which got repetitive too fast. There's not enough constructive games for Android (or any other platform for that matter!)

4. justme8800

justme8800 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 18, 2010
    California
    What are you on about, Quboid? The first thing I did when I started the game was push the button that disables the virtual d-pad, then turned it to landscape mode. Have you actually tried touching the screen? For that matter, Game Dev Story had full touchscreen support as well.

Great game, definitely recommend it.

5. Quboid

Quboid Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 30, 2009
    Male
    Londonderry, UK
    It uses the touchscreen to move a cursor around, like it is a port of a game designed for a D-Pad, where the concept of a cursor makes sense. It is a minor thing, but if the game had been designed for touchscreens from day 1, it would be a bit nicer to operate. If it actually was designed for touchscreens, I'm surprised by their choice of controls.

6. cubewalker

cubewalker Member
    None

I will prefer a simulation of hospital & clinic. Hope the team will come up with that!

7. diestarbucks

diestarbucks Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    I guess there is a cursor on the screen but it doesn't do anything. The screen reacts like a normal touchscreen to me. The cursor doesn't move from the middle of the screen, I wouldn't have even noticed it except I checked before responding to Quboids post. Fun game though, have no issues with the controls. Loved Game Dev Story as well.