1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hotmail emails reappearing in gmail account

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LunaLorri, Jul 19, 2020.

1. LunaLorri

LunaLorri Lurker

Hi I wanted to delete my Outlook app to free up some storage so I added my hotmail email to the built in gmail app. When I delete the Hotmail emails they keep reappearing and showing like I haven't opened them. It seems to be they won't permanently delete unless I delete them from Outlook which defeats the purpose.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

In your Gmail app, look in its Settings menu for your Hotmail account. Look for a 'Server settings' option where you can change things like deleting messages from the server when you delete them using the app.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. LunaLorri

LunaLorri Lurker

I looked up server settings for my Hotmail account but it didn't have any options to tailor emails and deleting etc

4. tommo47

tommo47 On Yer Bike, In Yer Chair
    VIP Member

Hi @LunaLorri, welcome to Android Forums. I hope you enjoy your time with us ;).

I have a number of email accounts, including two Hotmail accounts added to my Gmail account and they all work well. I have no trouble deleting mail from any of them.

Have you used the Gmail 'label' widget to create an individual inbox for your Hotmail account?

If not that could be the reason for your difficulty.

Screenshot_20200719-215712.png

Screenshot_20200719-222310.png

Dannydet likes this.
  5. LunaLorri

LunaLorri Lurker

I created the widget but the same thing is happening in it. I'll maybe just use my gmail as my primary email if I can't get it sorted.

Samsung Galaxy J5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy J5 release date was June 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

June 2015
Release Date
Reviews