• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hotmail Exchange ActiveSync Problem

dharma666

Lurker
Sep 4, 2011
Hello there. I've checked the other threads and none seem to address this problem. Basically, Hotmail is synching with my phone, but my phone won't synch with Hotmail.

I have set-up a Hotmail Exchange ActiveSync on my HTC Wildfire S. All of the emails sent to my Hotmail account appear on my phone in seconds. Problem is that after I've read them and/or deleted them, my phone doesn't update my Hotmail account. That means that after a few seconds my phone synchs with Hotmail and the deleted emails appear again as new, unopened emails.

I've been through the Hotmail settings and could only find something relating to POP. Even so, I set that to allow updates to my Hotmail account. I've searched the menus of my phone, but can't find any options about updating my Hotmail account. I know these options existed for POP accounts, but seemingly not for Exchange ActiveSync accounts.

Please help!

P.S. I noticed that if I moved an email to another folder on my phone then the email will have moved to that folder in my Hotmail account. It seems that there is a partial synch. It's just marking something as read and deleting something from the inbox that doesn't work. I've created a new folder in Hotmail called "Read" and can move emails to that on my phone to clear up inbox space. But that's a temporary solution. I'd rather not split up all of my emails.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones