• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hotmail on s2 stopped working

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I have Hotmail on Samsung s2 and suddenly I am not receiving my emails, I think its something in my settings as a child has had my phone and I found it on the email settings screen, I know I have new mail as I have viewed it on another device but do not know why I am not receiving it on my phone. Any help would be gladly received as I am pretty rubbish with this stuff. thanks.

Unless you need the emails that are currently on your phone, the easiest solution is to delete your hotmail account on the phone, turn the phone off, turn the phone on and create a hotmail account on the phone (using the same email address, pssword, etc.)

If you can't do that, Hotmail settings are published on the web. The IMAP settings are

• Server Name: imap-mail.outlook.com
  • Port: 993
  • User Name: your username (for example j.kowal@outlook.com)
  • Connection security: SSL/TLS
  • Authentication method: Normal password
The SMTP settings are

• Server Name: smtp-mail.outlook.com
  • Port: 587
  • Connection security: STARTTLS
  • Authentication method: Normal password
  • User Name: your username (for example j.kowal@outlook.com)

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones