1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hotmail only able to send e-mails over Wifi...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RicoUX, Dec 21, 2009.

1. RicoUX

RicoUX Newbie

Hey guys,

Is it normal that using the default e-mail app, I can only send hotmails when using Wifi?

If i don't have wifi, i can still receive e-mails... but not send them.

Please help...

Thanks

Rico

2. Dizzybacon

Dizzybacon Lurker

You should check your outgoing server (SMTP) settings. I'm guessing that you are using your home ISPs SMTP server. It'll work on Wi-Fi but not mobile. If you put in the SMTP server for your mobile data provider then it should work when trying to send via mobile.

I currently have to switch between the two depending which connection I'm using. If anyone has an elegant solution to this I'd love to hear it.

Dizzy

3. rustynuts

rustynuts Well-Known Member

My solution was to use googlemail account and foward all mail through this

4. TheJock

TheJock Newbie

For your info, with the stock email application i set up hotmail yesterday i didnt put any settings in, the hero filled in all the settings when i entered email address very helpful.

I tested on both wifi and mobile network and it works fine, its maybe carrier specific, i am orange.

Jock

5. rustynuts

rustynuts Well-Known Member

Yep mine was an issue with t mobile so I have been told but I prefer it now in googemail get my three email addresses in one place

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews