• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help hotmail sync issues

I have the generic mail program I am trying to use with hotmail. I have had the phone about 3 weeks now and I am trying to get the hotmail to sync up . It was working then all of a sudden i had issues with the mail program . I deleted all accounts in program an reinstalled them they all worked but hotmail . It will not sync up . When I first got phone i worked fine but now that I deleted account and tried to reinstall hotmail to mail program in hydo edge phone it will not sync up it just sits there and tries to sync up and never does any sugestions I have tried all kinds of things I have read on internet but nothing seems to work. Again hotmail it was working but now it does not..

I have the generic mail program I am trying to use with hotmail. I have had the phone about 3 weeks now and I am trying to get the hotmail to sync up . It was working then all of a sudden i had issues with the mail program . I deleted all accounts in program an reinstalled them they all worked but hotmail . It will not sync up . When I first got phone i worked fine but now that I deleted account and tried to reinstall hotmail to mail program in hydo edge phone it will not sync up it just sits there and tries to sync up and never does any sugestions I have tried all kinds of things I have read on internet but nothing seems to work. Again hotmail it was working but now it does not..

a. Go to Application > Email > Email Setup Screen. If you already setup another email account already, Go to Apps > Email > Menu > Settings > Add new email account.

b. Enter your hotmail or outlook.com email address & password. Tap on “Manual Setup” & Select POP3 option.

c. Enter POP3 Incoming Server. Enter your full address for username, enter pop3.live.com for pop3 server, select ssl or ssl/tls & server port number 995

d. Enter SMTP outgoing Server settings. Enter smtp.live.com for smtp server, select STARTTLS or TLS for security type, enter port number 587

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones