1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Hotspot Connections

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmaruda, Jan 28, 2014.

1. jmaruda

jmaruda Lurker
    None

Jan 23, 2014
    For the lg optimus f3 on virgin mobile I did find out how to hotspot for other devices. My only problem is I need to connect more than just two devices. Can anybody help me?

Advertisement

2. denebola

denebola Newbie
    None

Jan 19, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Ogden, Utah
    What app do you use? Does it share the wifi successfully? I bought a hotspot app that worked on my LG Optimus V and I was able to share net with my iPad, kindle and laptop via wifi. However, it doesn't work with my Optimus F3. Are you using something similar? Or did you get something that needs a cable for tethering? I'm guessing you wanted to share internet with two devices at once? Sorry, got confused by the wording a bit.

3. jmaruda

jmaruda Lurker
    None

Jan 23, 2014
    Well first your phone has to be rooted. Download wireless tether off of the code.Google site. Make sure it is 2.0.7
    Then download portable WiFi hotspot off the play store. Enjoy :) But my problem is I want to connect more than 2 devices to my WiFi but I seem to not know how to.

4. denebola

denebola Newbie
    None

Jan 19, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Ogden, Utah
    For two devices over wifi it seems like you just need to use the same password or SSID to connect. That is unless the app limits the number of connections. I had something like a purchased SVTP WiFi hotspot app that didn't need root when I used an LG Optimus V. Unfortunately it won't work on my F3. It's possibly only a matter of finding the right app.