1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Hotspot issue question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fdnj48, Dec 31, 2011.

1. fdnj48

fdnj48 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Male
    Central Jersey
    So is the mobile hotspot issue a widespread issue with Rezound owners? Ive tried the Razr(which I returned mainly for hotspot issue) and the GNex, so I was considering giving the Rezound a shot. But im concerned because I use my hotspot as my primary internet at home so I cant have a phone with a malfunctioning hotspot.

Advertisement

2. cpiman

cpiman Newbie
    None

Apr 6, 2010
    I also use the rezound as my main Internet connection. I have nothing but issues with it. It always drops the 3G connection every 30sec or so. If i don't use it then i have no issues at all but no Internet for my home!. I don't know whats going on with it. I just did a reload on it and it still does it. Some days it will work great but most days it's junk!:mad:

3. fdnj48

None

Jul 13, 2010
    Male
    Central Jersey
    Ok well I guess that makes my decision a little easier. No point in trying the phone if the hot spot is most likely not going to work right and then have to pay the restocking fee if I decide to return it.

Thanks

4. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    I just used my Rezound to update a PS3 and tether it to a tablet PC consistently without issues. I'm not sure why so many people are experiencing issues and at this point wouldn't doubt if it was more of an issue with Verizon's network.

5. andr01d

andr01d Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    androidland
    My hotspot works perfectly fine too except for just one incident in a different city and it was a 1x low signal area.

6. fdnj48

None

Jul 13, 2010
    Male
    Central Jersey
    Idk maybe ill take my chances and hope for one without hotspot issues. If I do have an issue you think thatll warrant VZW letting me return it without a restocking fee?

7. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None

Use the hell out of the Mobile Hotspot feature within your 14 days and if you intend on returning it, do so before those 14 days are up. Oh and you'll have to get another phone or else they will stick you with the restocking fee.

8. SamXp

SamXp Android Enthusiast
    None

Did you use Mobile HotSpot, or some other Tethering app? If you're using MHS and your 4G is not dropping out intermittently, you will be the first person I've heard of with a Rezound that has not been experiencing this issue.

9. randytn33

randytn33 Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    I just got off the phone with tech guy at verizon about the hotspot dropping my data connection nonstop. When I told him that my signal power goes as high as -52 he immediately said that that is probably a hardware issue and that the software is disconnecting the connection because it is not supposed to see those reading. Although I normally hover around -65, when it gets sucha powerful signal he would expect this. what are your thoughts on this theory? Does anyone else see these restings on 4g without disconnecting?

10. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None

Mobile hotspot. Try this, turn off 4G and try connecting. The Thunderbolt had problems with the Mobile Hotspot dropping as well. An OTA update remedied the Thunderbolt issue.

11. snsjets

snsjets Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    Bonney Lake, WA
    The latest Thunderbolt OTA did nothing to fix this issue for me. Was using MHS yesterday and it was the same intermittent POS. Very frustrating!:mad:

12. fdnj48

None

Jul 13, 2010
    Male
    Central Jersey
    TX my hotspot on the Rez has been working flawlessly so far. Ive been using it nonstop throughtout the days and it only dropped once and come to find out is was only because my phone was about to die. Hasnt dropped out since. Too bad my screen is screwed up on the Rez. Otherwise no issues. Also I never had a problem with my Thunderbolts hotspot.

13. pat3332

pat3332 Well-Known Member
    None

May 1, 2011
    Oklahoma City
    The OTA did nothing for the hotspot connection on my TBolt, which is why I'm trying out the Rezound. The Rezound has been connected and working all night, while the TBolt has been sitting there impersonating an expensive anchor.

Tags: