1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root HotSpot trouble with Classic Roms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oconne63, Jan 4, 2012.

1. oconne63

oconne63 Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    I flashed Tommy's Classic, but the Hacked HotSpot doesn't work. It keeps telling me that I don't have the Sprint Hotspot service. Have you ever run into this problem?

I am currently running CM7 Nightly 256, but wanted my 4g radio to be faster and more stable, which I found on Tommy's Classic.

Thanks,

Michael

Advertisement

2. jackgibbs

jackgibbs Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 2, 2010
    long beach
    hmm... I don't know. Have you tried wireless tether? it definitely works, and it lets you tether your 4g as well

have you looked over on xda? or asked tommy? he's very responsive, probably the most accessible dev over there

3. oconne63

oconne63 Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2010

I searched XDA and wasn't able to post on the Tommy's Classic thread, since I don't have 10 post. I have run into this problem on others classic Sprint type roms. I figured that this has been a problem for others and I was just missing something.

I'll try to worm my way to Tommy and see what he says.

4. takirb

takirb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 20, 2010
    Systems Analyst/Network Admin
    S. Carolina
    I'm using Tommy's Classic, the final version, and just tested the hacked hotspot successfully. Did you wipe completely/thoroughly before flashing is ROM?

5. oconne63

oconne63 Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2010

Yeah, I did, but I'll give it another go at Lunch. I further searched the development thread and couldn't find anything referencing my problem.

6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Aug 30, 2011
    Male
    Graduate Student
    MN
    You may not be able to post, but your still able to PM. Tommy is one of my favorite devs because he is there. He doesnt post up with work and leave. He takes input from others, and answers questions without making you feel like an idiot

dustwun77 and ocnbrze like this.
  7. oconne63

oconne63 Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    Tommy's Response

Hello,

I flashed Tommy's Classic, but the Hacked HotSpot doesn't work. It keeps telling me that I don't have the Sprint Hotspot service. Have you ever run into this problem?

My friend was able to hook up to my HotSpot and surf the net, but the 4g radio cuts out and the 3g radio turns on. Is this normal?

I am currently running CM7 Nightly 256, but wanted my 4g radio to be faster and more stable, which I found on Tommy's Classic.

Appreciate your time,

Michael

The ROM looks great!

Hey Michael. The hacked Sprint hotspot works only on 3g. When.you're on 4g it kicks into 3g. That is a known issue. It has to so with how the hack was applied. But if you want to tether on 4g download the WiFi tether for Android app. Just Google it and you will.find it. I hear its been taken off market...

Hope that bells.

8. tommytomatoe

tommytomatoe Lurker
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words :) I'm never over here on androidforums. May need to check it more often.

"Hope that bells" = "Hope that helps". lol. Autocorrect.

9. psousa781

psousa781 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    Hey tommy, I just wanted to say you are one of the classiest devs I've seen. Your thread on xda seems to be one of the few that stays drama free, and I think that has a lot to do with how you always maintain a patient and respectful attitude with everyone that asks questions. And this is on top of building one of the nicest ROMs for the EVO (even right up to your wedding day!). I've wanted to thank you on the xda thread, but I don't have enough posts yet. :)

Tags: