1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hotspot Widget

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Odie21, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Odie21

Odie21 Lurker

Good morning,

I downloaded this widget and it works just fine but I'm unable to connect my iPad to my connection to my Charge. My Charge's connection seems to have a password on it. I don't remember setting one, anyone know how to bypass this?

Regards,

Chris

Advertisement

2. Bozz5384

Bozz5384 Well-Known Member

The hotspot function is one that should be paid for according to Verizon. So, to use any hotspot app, widget or whatnot without paying.. you would have to be rooted. Are you?

3. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

Steve Jobs here.."No..you can not use your Samsung device as a hot spot to use our precious iPad, if you try this again we will sue you." JK... just having a little fun. Can't help you there as I have never had a problem using the pre-installed hot spot.

4. Hawk03

Hawk03 Member

5. Chi-TownTx

Chi-TownTx Well-Known Member

If your not rooted or have no plans on doing so i would recommend spending the 5 bucks and pick up this....

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.svtechpartners.wifihotspot

Works flawlessly. Best 5 bucks i ever spent. You don't have to be rooted or signed up for VZW's tether package.

Side note is that this program only works properly with a Droid Charge. So if you pick it up and like it just know that for whatever reason it only works on the Charge and not other phone types.

6. Bozz5384

Bozz5384 Well-Known Member

Sweet, I may have to give this a try!

7. smguy101

smguy101 Member

Yeah, I was about to recommend this as well. You dont need to be rooted and it's a DA network rather than an Ad-Hoc network. It works great on anything, including an iPad. Best 5 dollars I've ever spent on an app