• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help hotspot windows 7

jbum

Lurker
Jul 11, 2013
New HD owner. I am having problems with the hotspot not connecting wit my windows 7 pc. My tablet connects fine so I don't believe the phone is the issue. The pc will actually connect to the phone but no internet access. Any help would be much appreciated.

JEff

After reading your post, I tried connecting a Win 7 laptop via the Hotspot.

Most of the work was on the Windows side. I had to choose the proper security type (WPA2), for "personal" security, and select "none" for "enterprise security. That allowed me to connect to the phone, but it showed "No Internet." I went into the Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center, and it showed a red X between the "multiple networks" icon and the Internet icon. I hovered over this, and selected "Repair" and it did its magic and started working.

Gotta love Microsoft.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones