• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hotspot

Is the HTC hotspot really a thing that works or is it just more HTC B.S. ? I can't get mine to work. It just keeps saying OOps there is a temporary network issue affecting mobile hotspot.
Now isn't this odd since I want to use the phone as a hotspot since I'm not always in an area with a wi-fi connection? Isn't that the purpose of needing to use a hotspot, when you don't have a wireless connection?
Very strange!

Does your carrier allow tethering, using the phone as a hotspot? Are you with Verizon or Sprint or something? i.e. a carrier that charges an extra monthly subscription for tethering, on top of what you're already paying for your data plan.
Your right. I checked my carrier (unfortunately Cricket), and they want to dig deeper into my pocket and charge another $10 a month for it. If I pay more I hope it will work. You never know about them.
Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones