• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories hottips all in one charger

i left my charger for my cappy at work.with the phone being dead i went to officedepot to get a quick fix for no charger. they didnt have an legit samsung charger for me, but they had this hottips all in one charger. it has 4 different fittings for different type phones, luckily one of the 4 fits the captivate. its a wall plug,car charger and usb all in one. hence the name..lol all 3 work pretty well. its just that when i plug in the USB cable to the computer the phone wont ask me how i want to use the device with the puter. im wondering if its because its a universial cable and can change tips its not seen in windows? it is charging as i type so it is work as far as charging. here is a link to what i got. any tips/ideas/thoughts as to why it wont show up in windows? should i worry about it hurting the phone?

hottips All In One Cellphone Charger Universal by Office Depot

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones