• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hover color and text all white!!!

I just downloaded firefox less then a few hours ago,any way,basic feed only to make the hover color and text other colors?

upload_2021-9-8_14-30-48.png

Hmm, never seen that, and I'm using Firefox on a computer now.

There are text colour options in Preferences under General, Fonts and Colours (probably "Colors" with your language settings ;)). You can also find the Preferences as "Settings" via the hamburger menu on the right of your screenshot (where the Settings/Preferences are in the app menus is platform-dependent, as different operating systems have different norms, but that menu is common). There are also other colour options in "Add-ons and Themes" from the hamburger menu. If you have been playing with themes it's possible that this problem is a side-effect of an imperfect theme, so if you have customised the theme try changing the theme and seeing whether it solves the problem.

(I'm actually using the built-in "dark" theme customised using a new Mozilla add-on called "Firefox Color". This lets me have the reliability of the built-in theme but replacing the somewhat "meh" dark greys with deep blues and blue-greys, which suits me).

Upvote 0

There are text colour options in Preferences under General, Fonts and Colours (probably "Colors" with your language settings ;)). You can also find the Preferences as "Settings" via the hamburger menu on the right of your screenshot (where the Settings/Preferences are in the app menus is platform-dependent, as different operating systems have different norms, but that menu is common). There are also other colour options in "Add-ons and Themes" from the hamburger menu. If you have been playing with themes it's possible that this problem is a side-effect of an imperfect theme, so if you have customised the theme try changing the theme and seeing whether it solves the problem.

(I'm actually using the built-in "dark" theme customised using a new Mozilla add-on called "Firefox Color". This lets me have the reliability of the built-in theme but replacing the somewhat "meh" dark greys with deep blues and blue-greys, which suits me).
Same here, is there a box that just saids "hover color"?

Upvote 0

Should of took your advice too man,It was the tooltip window,after much diving into that research,I discovered it that way...:)

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
FWIW the hover colour on my Firefox(MacOS) is dark grey box with white text, and that was the default, but I've never looked at changing it

View attachment 158893
I dug around for the web developer tools, change my registery on my window system, also I added in a few times, then I went to theme creator and now it is green writing :) Sorry I kept you all out of the loop, it took me about four days figuring out everything.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones