• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How are you dealing with the TB Battery Issue

I have the 2700 mah battery and it is fine. It really isn't bad and I like how it makes it much easier to get a firm grip on. The standard door seems to be too slippery. Seidio has a 1600 mah battery but they tend to overrate their capacity and you spend extra for what essentially is a relabeled stock battery. Maybe someone can link you to the test they ran that showed seidio isn't honest with the capacity of their battery. Does anyone know if HTC is releasing a slimmer extended battery?

Upvote 0
I'm good with the stock battery. I charge it overnight, and then right before leaving for work I turn it off the phone and top-off. And it's been good with moderate use until I come home. I usually have 40-50% juice left after work.

I don't really play games on it or use GPS while at work - mostly just e-mails and sms.

Dude i killed my battery playing can knockdown 2 yesterday. My battery was fried by like 10 am. And i only played for 15 min. talked on phone for like 30. Forgot my charger for work. Could not use my cell phone all day at work

Upvote 0
I keep it on a charger at work nearly all day so no worries there. Yesterday i had a day off and took it off the charger at 11am and had moderate usage (for me) and still had 40% when i retired around 2:30 am this morning. This battery is just fine for my needs but i will buy an extended battery if one comes out that isn't so fat...

Upvote 0
Agree a bigger battery is necessary but they can help that some with future updates I mean the EVO had the same problems and they released an update which helped somewhat.

The EVO had battery problems. So what did HTC and VerizonWireless do? They made the battery even SMALLER. The towers causing shorter than expected battery life? Um... I think not. Tell that one to Consumer Reports...

Upvote 0
This may be premature, but I'm in day 2 of ownership and a little concerned. I charged it out of the box and then again overnight. It's been on for 4 hrs with light duty and it's already down below 50%. Do I need to let it run all the way down a few times before the battery life will begin holding a charge better?

people are reporting that the blockbuster app that is preinstalled is set to check updates very frequent... even if you never open it... open it and see if you can disable updates for that app.... no you can't remove it without root, but I"ll tell you that without the garbage apps the battery is fine... 8.5 hours to 50% and I played games and listened to pandora at the same time for 1.5 hours of that...

phone companies need to stop including garbage apps that you can't remove, then rooting and hacking wouldn't be so necessary

Upvote 0
Thanks. Already went through all the garbage apps that were preloaded. You also answered my other question pending question about why I can't remove these apps permanently.

people are reporting that the blockbuster app that is preinstalled is set to check updates very frequent... even if you never open it... open it and see if you can disable updates for that app.... no you can't remove it without root, but I"ll tell you that without the garbage apps the battery is fine... 8.5 hours to 50% and I played games and listened to pandora at the same time for 1.5 hours of that...

phone companies need to stop including garbage apps that you can't remove, then rooting and hacking wouldn't be so necessary

Upvote 0
This may be premature, but I'm in day 2 of ownership and a little concerned. I charged it out of the box and then again overnight. It's been on for 4 hrs with light duty and it's already down below 50%. Do I need to let it run all the way down a few times before the battery life will begin holding a charge better?

It might be worth looking into what is eating up your battery. I'm at six hours unplugged and 78% remaining. That's with phone calls, emails, mms and sms.

I did switch to LP last night and noticed that since I stopped running weather animations, the screen display battery use has gone down 10 percent or better. I'm sure that has more do with the animations rather than Sense/LP, though.

Upvote 0
1. use all my self control not to skip this thing across the lake in my back yard
2. continuously check this message board for new tips and tricks (thanks guys) and some have helped
3. wait for a new extended battery 1800-2000mah to come out in the coming weeks.

This is still a badass phone. Just got to hold on for a few weeks for a new extended battery that isn't so ridiculously large. ITs pathetic we have to buy something like that but it has to be done.

Upvote 0
I did switch to LP last night and noticed that since I stopped running weather animations, the screen display battery use has gone down 10 percent or better. I'm sure that has more do with the animations rather than Sense/LP, though.

Can you share how you turned off the weather animations? I can't find the setting and, while they are cute, I would love to turn them off.

Upvote 0
12 hours unplugged, little over an hour of web browsing(on 3G, not Wifi), 5 hours of mp3 playback, random text messages, data connection on the entire time. 60% battery remaining by the time I plug it in. Stock battery. This is what I get on my Thunderbolt.

It's unfortunate that how to get this has been covered a several times in the huge battery threads but because the threads have become so big the information is missed by most people.

On another note, if someone can verify that there is a holster that works with the extended battery, I'll buy one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones