1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How are you guys going to manage/listen to music on your EVO?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SoFLO, May 24, 2010.

1. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Store or stream? Combination of both?

I'll probably transfer some of my music to the SD card but I'm mostly going to stream it. Pandora seems to always know what's on my mind or what I like. I also got an mSpot beta invite courtesy of Phandroid so I'll sync my iTunes to my mSpot account and stream it. mSpot is really great. If anyone has else is in the mSpot beta take their survey, they'll give you an extra 2 gigs of space making it a total of 4 gigs for free.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ilya

Ilya Android Enthusiast

SD Card and maybe Pandora. Mostly SD though after I get my hands on a legit 32GB version.

3. Scarlett920

Scarlett920 Member

choij2000 and hopalee like this.
  4. zaltol

zaltol Member

I'm going to stream via the Ampache App.
    I set up the music server to use for my Pre. Luckily the app also exist on Android.

5. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

6. Wynder

Wynder Newbie

DoubleTwist in the PC to organize my iTunes and ripped CD's and bTunes on my EVO to play the music.

Can't wait!

7. Jensen

Jensen Member

Same

8. Orion

Orion Android Expert

I havent figured that out yet. I have all my music on my Zune.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

All SD. I'm just gonna take the SD card out of my Droid and put it in my Evo.

10. Jordus

Jordus Android Enthusiast

I mostly play music through my ipod thats in my car. It was a free 60gb classic that I leave plugged into the Aux input.

When not in the car ill likely use the FM radio or Pandora, mostly.

11. SprintFun

SprintFun Android Expert

SD, but only maybe 2GB worth. I have an iPod touch that I really do like, so not sure how that's going to fit into my mobile music needs.

12. Wynder

Wynder Newbie

This.

I picked up a 16g SD card... taking the 8 out of the EVO and putting it in my Hero when I give that to the wife.

13. some.devil

some.devil Android Enthusiast

I've got a few sites that I want to stream. Everything else is going local.

14. Orion

Orion Android Expert

Same here. I don't think I'm going to be loading like over 2000 songs for my EVO lol. I'm putting music on the device here and there....no doubt. But I'm happy with my Zune player.

misterzeno likes this.
  15. neodorian

neodorian Android Expert

I used to store music on my phones but lately I just stream shoutcast stations. I might load it up when I have a road trip but then I just drag audiobooks and music to a music folder on the phone's storage or SD.

16. d0nc0l0

d0nc0l0 Lurker

i wish my wife take my hero :(... she wants the evo too...

17. Headcase_Fargone

Headcase_Fargone Well-Known Member

I have well over 100GB of music so I'm pretty much forced to stream. I'll probably put together a DIY NAS/home server in the near future and run Subsonic on it. I have it installed on one of my home machines and it works great with my iPhone, but I don't want to leave a large, dual core machine on 24/7 just for music.

18. bunnymud

bunnymud Well-Known Member

With battery life as it is, I'll just continue to use my iPod for music

19. misterzeno

misterzeno Well-Known Member

FM radio or Pandora, but my ipod touch is my media horse. The evo will make movies on the go better however.

20. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Android Expert

Retired my iPods long ago... all multimedia will go through one device.

AM2 likes this.
  21. Bales

Bales Well-Known Member

Load all the music I can on the SD Card
    Stream the rest of my library through Subsonic
    Play music that isn't in my library through Grooveshark
    Explore new music with Pandora and last.fm

22. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert

I'm probably going to keep my iPods for music. I have far more music than a 16GB card can handle and years of iPod accessories. I will only have few small playlists of music on my Evo and will use it as a listening device only when I'm not carrying my iPods (when listening isn't a top priority).

I'm still unsure how the Evo/Android combo will work with headphones with inline mics either so until I own a great headset that's 100% Android-compatible, I'll let time sort this out.

23. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

I'm probably just going to load a bunch of movies onto the SD card and keep an iPod around for music. Mostly cause I don't really listen to music on the go unless it's a really long car trip/airplane or if I'm at home

24. Fazz

Fazz Newbie

I'll load music on 16gb SD card and replace carrying my ipod around when going on business trips and what not. I have an Alpine head-unit in my car that I typically leave my Ipod connected to. Hopefully one day I can connect my Evo to an Alpine head-unit and get a similar user experience the ipod connection currently does. Until then I'll be forced to update two devices, but at least I'll only have to carry one device with me when I travel.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews