• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories How Big Is Your Battery??

JSS12

Android Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2010
New York City, NY
Hey all,

I have had my DInc since launch and I am still struggling with my stock battery to get through a full day.

It is finally time for me to order a bigger battery.

I want to know:

1) How big is your battery?

2) How long does it last you?

3) Please classify if you are a light, medium or heavy user
(I will not judge you if you leave your phone on airplane mode all day or if you drain a 3500 in one hour)

4) Size is important to me (like all guys) PLEASE POST A PICTURE OF YOUR PHONE WITH YOUR EXTENDED BATTERY and comment on whether or not you find the size an issue.

5) What kind of a BACK do you have for your phone with your new battery?

THANKS in advance!!

I have a 2600mah($15 on dealextreme.com) which is intended for the htc Diamond 2. It lasts about 50-65% longer than my stock battery. I think I have a photo on flickr. I will try to dig it up tomorrow. I just cut a hole in my back plate and let it hang out. I rarely use it these days as setpcu and data off when not needed gets me through the day.

Here are some photos I posted in a previous thread. My macro lens attached as well.
http://androidforums.com/attachment...20950-macro-lens-attachment-phone-w-wide.jpeg

http://androidforums.com/attachment...-macro-lens-attachment-phone-side-w-wide.jpeg

http://androidforums.com/attachment...0950-macro-lens-attachment-phone-w-macro.jpeg

Upvote 0

Attachments

• e2_HTC_G8_battery_cover_T.jpg
    e2_HTC_G8_battery_cover_T.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0
4) Size is important to me (like all guys)​

First off, Thats what she said.

Now that we got that out of the way. I have the 2150, and its a great battery, its from VZW. I like the added thickness, adds a sense of durability to your phone. Im on my second day with moderate usage, at 15 percent, i run airplain mode between 11pm-7am when at work. I also use WiFi when at home. I use setcpu as well to underclock the cpu when my screen is off.

Upvote 0
1) How big is your battery?
9 1/2 inches

2) How long does it last you?
My whole life!

3) Please classify if you are a light, medium or heavy user
Heavy....lotsa use

4) Size is important to me (like all guys) PLEASE POST A PICTURE OF YOUR PHONE WITH YOUR EXTENDED BATTERY and comment on whether or not you find the size an issue.

Attached below.....and size is not an issue here...
Note: the black part is the actual phone attached to the battery.....better wording.

5) What kind of a BACK do you have for your phone with your new battery?

No back....big enough.

Attachments

• Cell Phone.jpg
    Cell Phone.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0
I have the 1500 from Bidallies. You don't need a picture since the battery fits within the stock back cover.

My phone will last from 7 am until 10"ish" the following night. So 2 days, 1 night. With moderate usage.

Keep in mind that I am also rooted and have modded the hell of out my phone. So much of my "improved" battery life isn't due to the battery itself, it's due to my own changes and adjustments to the system.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones