• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how bout an application like PhoneyCall

I had it on my T Mobile Dash windows mobile 6 OS, its called phoneycall and it is a great fake phone call program to get out of any situation from a booty call that expected me to stay the whole night, to getting out of a dinner with a majority of poeple i didnt know and needed a reason to leave early.

An app similar to phoneycall would be great..

Phone Caller View
  • An identical replica of the G1 Android device's real incoming call screen
  • Name and number of the fake caller are displayed
  • Customisable

I had it on my T Mobile Dash windows mobile 6 OS, its called phoneycall and it is a great fake phone call program to get out of any situation from a booty call that expected me to stay the whole night, to getting out of a dinner with a majority of poeple i didnt know and needed a reason to leave early.

An app similar to phoneycall would be great..

Phone Caller View
  • An identical replica of the G1 Android device's real incoming call screen
  • Name and number of the fake caller are displayed
  • Customisable

Upvote 0
hitting two birds with one stone there man, with code writers like the ones we are getting pumpin out all these apps, im sure anythings possible. integrate that in too!

but no my original post here was not what u are referring to. this is an application that could be created to trigger a fake phone call you your yourself on your own phone that u could "answer" and give yourself an "out" if u are in a situation u would rather not be in ie: long meeting, date gone bad, dinner with in laws... the situations are limitless.

u would not have to rely on anyone else to call you and get you out.. the application does it all for you. (example: pretend you are checking or sending a text message, when u are actualy setting up a fake call to yourself to call your phone 5 min into the future to give your self an "out")

Upvote 0
hitting two birds with one stone there man, with code writers like the ones we are getting pumpin out all these apps, im sure anythings possible. integrate that in too!

but no my original post here was not what u are referring to. this is an application that could be created to trigger a fake phone call you your yourself on your own phone that u could "answer" and give yourself an "out" if u are in a situation u would rather not be in ie: long meeting, date gone bad, dinner with in laws... the situations are limitless.

u would not have to rely on anyone else to call you and get you out.. the application does it all for you. (example: pretend you are checking or sending a text message, when u are actualy setting up a fake call to yourself to call your phone 5 min into the future to give your self an "out")

very nice! I love that idea. I know I could personally get plenty of uses out of that!

Upvote 0
for now, i use the program called Friend 2.0. Its a built-in program on android. Here's how to get to it:

1) Open Messaging
2) Create New Message
3) Type in a friend's number
4) Copy and paste the following lines of code:
Hey get me out of here. call me in ______ minutes.
5) Enjoy.

Upvote 0
I don't know if this is what you're talking about but my friend has a iphone and he had an app to where he could call people and it would display a fake number and you could pick from a bunch of different voices to mask your voice with. If that's not what you're talking about then maybe that could be intergraded in with the app that you're sudjesting?

I'd be careful with that fake number/fake voice app. While the app may not be illegal, it is illegal in several states to send misleading caller ID information in order to deceive the caller.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones