• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How bright is your LED indicator?

Eshyn

Mar 25, 2010
Los Angeles
Since day one I've noticed that my LED indicator is fairly weak. I pretty much have to be standing directly over the phone to notice it as it's virtually undetectable from an angle. And forget about being able to see it from across a room.

I'm coming from a Blackberry that had a VERY bright and noticeable LED notifier.

Given, I do appreciate the battery life I'm sure it's saving by being a bit on the weak side. I was just wondering if this is common or perhaps mine is defective?

Thanks!

I agree. I wouldn't say that the LED is weak but is very recessed under the top layer of glass. My brother has a Tour and the LED is very clear and obvious for notifications. It's a small deal ultimately but it can be annoying.... I just wish I didn't have to wake up the device from the top..

Upvote 0
I agree. I wouldn't say that the LED is weak but is very recessed under the top layer of glass. My brother has a Tour and the LED is very clear and obvious for notifications. It's a small deal ultimately but it can be annoying.... I just wish I didn't have to wake up the device from the top..

The original droid had to be woken up the same way. I dont mind it. But I did love that I could see if I had a message from across the room.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones