1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General How bright is your LED indicator?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Eshyn, May 4, 2010.

1. Eshyn

Eshyn Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Since day one I've noticed that my LED indicator is fairly weak. I pretty much have to be standing directly over the phone to notice it as it's virtually undetectable from an angle. And forget about being able to see it from across a room.

I'm coming from a Blackberry that had a VERY bright and noticeable LED notifier.

Given, I do appreciate the battery life I'm sure it's saving by being a bit on the weak side. I was just wondering if this is common or perhaps mine is defective?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. jonhammond52

May 4, 2010
    Nope mines the same way. Im hoping they come out with an app that does the same thing but with the LED lights on the back, those I can see

3. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I agree. I wouldn't say that the LED is weak but is very recessed under the top layer of glass. My brother has a Tour and the LED is very clear and obvious for notifications. It's a small deal ultimately but it can be annoying.... I just wish I didn't have to wake up the device from the top..

4. jonhammond52

May 4, 2010
    The original droid had to be woken up the same way. I dont mind it. But I did love that I could see if I had a message from across the room.

5. Mines is the same. Very dim and if you are looking at it from an angle, don't even bother.

6. curtisdr

curtisdr Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Yep, I miss my big, bright BB LED too. I could see it across the room as well. The LED on my inc is the same - basically useless.

7. cdodge

cdodge Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Yep mine is not very bright.. stinks

8. Eshyn

Eshyn Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Los Angeles
    It's pretty much the only complaint I have about the phone.

9. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Generation Dispatcher
    Noblesville, IN
    my storm 2 is much better that is for sure