• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I bypass a pattern passcode?

Banksy998

Lurker
Nov 3, 2019
I have a galaxy S10 that I picked up in a trade that was insanely cheap.

The phone has a pattern and I have no way to contacting the previous owner.

I need to bypass the pattern and have tried taking the phone into recovery mode and resetting but it's still asking for a pattern or email account to be logged into.

How can I reformat this phone back to factory settings?

well the thing is discussion on how to bypass FRP is frowned upon on this site. without the acct info from the previous owners there is not much you can do on your end. this is why it is extremely important to meet the previous owners before buying a used phone. it is why i always recommend meeting at the carrier of your choice so that once the phone is purchased you can then have it unlocked to that carrier very easily.

you do not have a way to contact them?

Upvote 0
I need to bypass the pattern and have tried taking the phone into recovery mode and resetting but it's still asking for a pattern or email account to be logged into.

How can I reformat this phone back to factory settings?
If you have reset it from recovery that is a "factory reset". And if you have done that it's no longer the lock screen you are dealing with but the "factory reset protection" system. The whole purpose of this is to deter theft by requiring the security information (generally the Google account the phone was connected to) after a reset to prevent a thief from stealing a phone, resetting it to remove the security and then using or selling it. And of course that's just what you are trying to do (not the stealing but removing the security).

Assuming the person you got it from is actually the owner then contacting them is the simplest solution (I say "assuming" because "insanely cheap" and "no way of contacting" sounds like "possibly stolen" to me - and if it is stolen it's legally not your property no matter what you paid for it).

It might be that Samsung could do something for you, but they should require proof of ownership (since removing an anti-theft measure without checking the ownership would leave them open to being accessories to crime...).

Last edited:
Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones