1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How can I Cancel an action in tasker?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by CarsonTL, Jan 9, 2014.

1. CarsonTL

CarsonTL Lurker
    None

Aug 11, 2013
    Hello!

I have a galaxy Tab installed in the dashboard of my car. I use it for music, GPS, and use the Torque app to get real time info about my car.
    I have tasker set up so that when my tablet stops receiving power it shuts off the screen and then powers off after 2 1/2 hours. But when I get back in my car after its only been 2 hours and it gets power again it still powers off after the 2 1/2 hours. So when I start my car and my tablet screen turns back on I have to go in tasker and cancel the action to keep it from shutting off.

Basically I have tasker set up so when the display times out it waits 2 hours and 30 minutes then powers off. But I want to cancel that action when the screen comes back on. I played around with the variables (which I know nothing about) and couldn't get anything to work.

Anyone know how to set a command to do this?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Work to live, not the other way round!!
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire
    Could you share how you're getting the tablet to turn off after 2 1/2 hrs?

3. CarsonTL

CarsonTL Lurker
    None

Aug 11, 2013
    So I have a profile set to display state off. Then for the task I have Wait 2 hours and 30 seconds, and below that task I have Reboot - shutdown.

4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Bear with me, I will explain how I set up a WiFi auto-off task, which includes a variable to stop the auto-off, if I reconnect to WiFi within a set time. Hopefully, you would be able to use the same idea to stop your task :)

As I said, I have a profile called "WiFi Not Connected" that turns WiFi Off After 1 minute. If, however, my phone reconnects to WIFI before the 1 minute is up, it will stop the WiFi Off task. That is done using a %WIFI variable (and a "Stop WiFi Off after 1min" task). The WIFI not connected task has a state of WiFi connected (inverted, so it's when I disconnect) as a trigger and the "state" variable is added at this point too. The task, to turn the WiFi off is wait 1 min, set WiFi off. The exit task is "Stop WiFi off after 1min" - you select "Task" and "Stop"... you then chose the task you want to stop.

Hope I've explained that right/clearly :eek:

5. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    I'm getting a new tablet at the weekend and will have a look at trying to get something like this to work :)

6. CarsonTL

CarsonTL Lurker
    None

Aug 11, 2013
    Oh I didn't even know there was a stop command!! Okay but now how do I link that command to turning the screen on?

7. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    I pretty sure one of the settings in Android is to always have the screen on when plugged in (at least it is on my phone)... I guess that your tablet is plugged in/receiving power while you're in the car, so you could change the state from screen on to power (inverted) so that the task would trigger when the power comes back on within the 2.5 hrs wait time?

As I said, I should be getting a my Nexus 7 this weekend and will have a bit of a play to see if I can get this working :D