• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I change the default sdcard on XT890?

s3b4s

Lurker
Dec 25, 2012
Hello, when I bought my RAZRi (XT890), it was initialized without an inserted sdcard, then the phone created an "emulated sdcard" in the internal memory, now, when a real sdcard was inserted, the "emulated" one keeps being the default, moreover, all the apps remains in the emulated, but they appear as sdcard, so, apps like app2sdcard don't work properly.

How can I delete the created sdcard?

Thanks in advance.

The Razr I has 5gb of internal storage which is treated as an internal SD card but no, you cannot move apps to a 'real' SD card without rooting the phone.

5gb should be plenty for most people to be able to download apps and the point of the 'real' SD card is for storing music/videos.

The only time that the 5gb might not be enough is if you play games which download massive files as these files will get stored on the internal storage so you could end up running out of space.

There are instructions around on the internet for how to root the phone and be able to swap the storage but that's above me!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones