1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How Can I Change The Lockscreen Text/Font Color

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tokens210, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

I've been searching pretty much most of today with only half success, What im looking todo is change the color of just the lock screen text to the same blue/cyan color of CM7-reloaded Cyanbread, I know so far from the little bit ive come across ill probly need some programs on my pc and to modify some files myself, but i cant find a good tut or video, or even straight forward directions on how todo it

as you can see from the attached pics, using 2 themes ive gotten everything to be the same blue/cyan color except the lock screen

also, i know theres programs like widget locker and such that let me change it thru the app, but when using that i couldnt get the minimal on ring unlock to be like the cm7 one, and alot of those programs just cause my phone to act up

any help at all, be it link, tut, video, whatever would be very much appreciated

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dsmryder

dsmryder Android Expert

One way would be to build your own from source. It may sound like a lot, but with the guides in this section it's not. Then you could change the fonts to what ever you wanted, even import your own.
    And maybe post what you did so others could learn too.
    I'll see if I can find the folder/file where it's located, maybe Sunday night.

Tokens210 likes this.
  3. b_randon14

b_randon14 Android Expert

Decompile framework-res and it's inside and XML under res/layout called lockscreen-tab-unlock or something like that and you can change the text color in that file. It maybe in the systemui.apk in gingerbread instead of framework-res I'm not sure!

Tokens210 likes this.
  4. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

Thanks for the quick responses, b_randon is onto what im looking for, i think lol, like i said i only seem to find pieces of what i would need todo

im running the cm7-reloaded, and from the pieces ive seen people say it can be as simple as opening the framework or systemui whichever its in, and editing just the lockscreen text color code and then recompiling the file

and thats all im trying todo, the actual font of the lockscreen doesnt bother me, the color does lol, having it match with the cm7 blue/cyan or the ICS theme blue/kinda cyan color is what im trying to go for, i just made the title lockscreen font/text color cause some people call it lockscreen font color some call it lockscreen text color, wanted to be clear lol

also, which programs for the pc will i need todo this, apktool or something like that, or is there a better way im missing lol

5. b_randon14

b_randon14 Android Expert

I use apk manger 4.9 and then a good text editor like notepad ++

Tokens210 likes this.
  6. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

Thank you, im also currently searching around myself to find the correct color code i plan on using, cause im currently running KovDev ice cream sandwich theme, and Sonny Sehkon ICS CM7 Theme at the same time, i like the shade of blue there using, the regular cm7-reloaded blue seems a little lighter to me but it may just be me lol

so far ive found 33B5E5, is the standard Light blue ICS color

and i also found 177BBD, which seems to be closer to the blue color the themes are running, and what im actually looking for

Palette / Ice Cream Sandwich :: COLOURlovers

thats where i actually was seeing these colors, i think i found it from a xda link

but if theres a way i can maybe download the theme to my pc and pull that apart as well to see exactly what code there using, or if i can look somehow thru the phone itself

if not, its all good, just shooting for matching colors, but worst case ill run with the codes from the link and just see what i like better

7. marc12868

marc12868 Android Expert

I found this tool. So you can just open one if the .pngs from the theme and use it to find the hex value. Instant Eyedropper: Identify HTML-color code of any pixel on the screen with single-click and auto paste it to the clipboard

Tokens210 likes this.
  8. mastersoup

mastersoup Android Enthusiast

i just use widget locker

9. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

nice, thx, was willing to trial and error with different codes but wasent really wanting to lol i still may anyway, but anything that helps is much appreciated

also, i love this forum lol, was unknown to me till this month, now i cant get enough lol, also as i said i found this question in may places with absolutely no help or answers, or partial answers(which i find to sometimes be dangerous) im happy to see how quick responses and info are coming to me here, and the fact that everyone else may also benefit in some way shape or form

10. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

ive used widget locker before, i dont like it, causes the phone to be non responsive sometimes, ill click the power button and ill see the back light come on but no screen image, ill have to click it about 4 times till i get an image

also the crazy 1000 unlock clicks sound itll sometimes play when tryin to unlock

also every now and again itll give me my widget locker screen then my cm7 unlock screen making me unlock twice

also i hate that widget locker locks how the unlock button moves, trapped in a circle when using ics or honeycomb style with that dumb ripple style indicator like unlock is in this direction, i prefer the one like my picture above, single unlock ring that can be pulled anywhere on the screen

ive installed the above apps and decompiled the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk, still having trouble finding what im looking for

SystemUI only has
    battery low
    power widget button
    status bar
    status bar extended
    status bar icon
    status bar latest events
    status bar tracking

So ive been looking in framework res-layout like you said
    there are alot of keyguard_screen_lock/unlock files so i checked
    Keyguard_screen_tab_Unlock, but the only text color im seeing says text/white but next to it reads text id emergencey calls only

i have a terrible feeling ive been looking right at it and im just not seeing it lol

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews