1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How can i check when my motorola triumph was made?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jaimesco, Apr 24, 2012.

1. jaimesco

jaimesco Newbie
    None

Mar 17, 2012
    So i got a replacement Motorola triumph and i want to check if this is just a refurbished phone so any way i could check what year this phone is and also it doesn't come with the stock screen protector which is kind of a downer but...

Advertisement

2. marc12868

marc12868 Android Expert

Oct 19, 2011
    Male
    Tier 2 Tech Support @ At&t
    Spokane Valley, Washington
    It is a refurb... the fact it doesn't have the stock screen protector tells you that... and other than that there is no way to tell if a phone is a refurb by date...

jaimesco likes this.
  3. jaimesco

jaimesco Newbie
    None

Mar 17, 2012
    So these Dumba*** at virgin mobile got confused i asked for a battery i mean my phone works great but they said they will send me a battery and instead they sended me the whole phone. What do you guys think should i keep my phone with the stock protector or start fresh and go through all the boring rooting process and cwm

4. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert
    None

Apr 3, 2012
    Male
    General Contractor
    Clifton Heights, PA (Just Outside Philadelphia)
    proly refurb, i dont even think the phone i ordered from them was new

when i first ordered my phone i did it thru VM website, they sent me the phone very very quickly, and it looked new, had all screen protectors and extras packaged up nice, but when i opened the cardboard box, the plastic box inside was melted together like it had been opened before, and my system settings were not factory, everything was set like someone else had had it before me, altho the phone was in extremely excellent condition and since flashing has been running like a dream so i cant complain any, would like it if they clearly labeled things tho, refurb or New

5. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert
    None

Apr 3, 2012
    Male
    General Contractor
    Clifton Heights, PA (Just Outside Philadelphia)

idk lol thats strange, usually if u have a hardware issue theyll mail you a new phone and you send your broke one to them once you recieve the new phone, but since you only needed a battery idk if there expecting you to send them a phone or what lol i got no idea

and which phone to use would be up to you, if you keep the new one youd probly have to switch your service from the old one to the new one, then start reflashing if thats the way you wanna go, but youd have to factory screen protector

6. jaimesco

jaimesco Newbie
    None

Mar 17, 2012
    Yeah that's what i said since there is no hardware damage or anything but im going to ship back the phone and keep the one im currently using.