• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I control my phone from my pc?

Hi, I have a Galaxy A70 and while I like the phone I absolutely hate touch screens for typing. When I absolutely must that's fine but when I get into a conversation on apps like kik with no pc equivalent I get frustrated by how I keep hitting the wrong keys (Fat clumsy thumbs)

Is there a way for a window to be open on my PC to functionally be a stream of my phone? Like I could control the phone (switch apps, navigate files, text, use apps etc) but from my pc? I know about emulators and have tried some but the problem is my pc isn't very strong so I am mostly looking for something to serve as an interface while my phone's hardware is what does the actual processing.

Also would this be done via wifi, Bluetooth, Usb? Will using Wifi keep me from using my internet? (I tried setting PCs on a network before using wifi and couldn't be on the internet at the same time),

If via bluetooth will I be able to use my bluetooth headphones on my PC at the same time?

If it's done through USB will a cable from an older android phone work? (The one that came with this one doesn't detach from the wall plug) The cable I have was for a galaxy SM-J327W (according to google play)

Thanks for any help and sorry for anything silly I said or any missing info. I generally don't do much on my phone other than phone calls, occasional texting, and klondike solitaire so this is completely new to me, I don't even know how to properly phrase it and google's just confused me more. So please don't say "Just google it lol" or "It took me 5 minutes on google...". Thanks for your time!

Windows version: 10

Reactions: Xavier Black

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones