1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How can I deleted unwanted contacts in Messages App

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by paula, Jun 9, 2017.

1. paula

paula Lurker

I do not use google for my email account (I use outlook). When I go to contacts my contact list is fine. However when I go to the Messages app I have a lot of contacts that should not be there. I don't know where they are coming from. I am not synching with any other list other than my outlook email list. I could go in and delete them individually but I don't know why they are there because they are not contacts I have used in a long time. If I go to "settings" in messages there is not an option to chose which list I want to use.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

You need to edit them in your contacts app, by deleting them first. Then they will not show up in your message app

3. paula

paula Lurker

The contacts do not show up in my contacts app, the only show up when i display contacts in the messages app.

4. Leon Marco

Leon Marco Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the the message sent by a person random 6-digit numbers or a name that doesn't make sense. Then that is an advertisement from somewhere​. Don't worry you can't have such a contact in your list of contacts.