1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How can I disassociate a paid app from my account?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by UncleMike, Dec 25, 2011.

1. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
    I bought an app during the $0.10 sale thinking I couldn't go wrong. I quickly decided the app was worthless, and have since uninstalled the app, but not until after the 15 minute refund window had expired. I don't really care about the $0.10, but is there a way to disassociate the app from my account so that the My Apps listing in the Market isn't a constant reminder of my purchase?

Advertisement

2. smankins

smankins Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 9, 2011
    The only thing I know will work is Titanium Backup. You can detach from market using that app but that is usually for apps that are still installed. Doesn't uninstalling the app remove it from your apps listed in the market? I don't have any of my old apps listed that were uninstalled.

3. Bob253

Bob253 Well-Known Member
    None

May 29, 2010
    Retired old git.
    London
    If I uninstall a paid for App it shows up at the very bottom of 'My Apps' under a 'Not Installed' banner.

I'm looking at ditching ADW Launcher and Handcent, and they will still show up at the bottom. Don't suppose it is a big problem and I can go back to them later if I change my mind.

But like the OP, I also have a couple of Apps I definitely won't go back to and don't really want them showing up, these are mainly calender apps and live wallpapers.

4. UncleMike

UncleMike Android Expert
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
    I've used Titanium Backup to do this with installed apps when I didn't like the updated version and didn't want the Market constantly reminding me that an update is available. But the phone I'm using now is not rooted, so Titanium Backup is not an option at this time.