1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How can i download ICS on my S2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tegs200, May 9, 2012.

1. tegs200

tegs200 Lurker
    None

May 9, 2012
    First of all hi,
    I am totally unable to link my phone with Kies to do this and upgrade to the latest firmwere have tried downloading the firmwere from Sammobile .com but it either takes hours to download and fails or you have to pay for a monthly subscription, any ideas would be grateful.

Advertisement

2. The Driver

The Driver Member
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    If you really must...

If you have a wireless router, turn on your Wi-Fi & do it that way, if your connection speed is diabolically slow, then do it overnight.

Best thing of all if your phone is running nicely, don't do it, because if you read these pages you'll see, whilst a fair number of people have no problems with ICS, there's a whole load who have nothing but problems, including freezing, loss of signal, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi signal problems, the all important battery life and so on.

I for one will be looking to the "dark-side" namely Apple for a new phone!

3. atmasters

atmasters Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    Canada B.C.
    Why would you do that ? What you dont think Apple has these problems. My wife works for Purolator and she picks up on avg 2 Iphones a day to get sent out for repair. I dont have 1 single friend that has not had a single problem with there phone. I have had my GS2 for a year now and no problems at all.