• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I extract all data from my Galaxy Note 3 before a hard reset, not connecting to SmartSwitch

EzUrban

Lurker
Jun 6, 2016
Hi there, my Galaxy Note 3 has been acting up. None of the Apps work, I am getting the message com.process.google.gapps has stopped and other messages like Google Play has stopped etc. I want to do a hard factory reset but not lose any of my information, so I am trying to use Smartswitch to transfer everything to my PC and then do the hard reset and transfer everything back. Problem is, with SmartSwitch I am getting the message USB device not recognize, it is not recognizing the device, and I think it is because of the problems with the phone. I cannot even view the photos on my phone or PC although I do see that they are stored in the phone, but not viewable. Is there any way I can extract all the data on my phone before doing a hard reset? Thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones