1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how can i find the exact projector which is used in Google Glass? where could i buy it?

Discussion in 'Google Glass' started by Mironescu Cezar, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Mironescu Cezar

A while back i had the intention of recreating Google Glasses by myself but i could find a list of the parts used. i found my way around most of them and got replacements but i simply dont have any idea on what to use to project my image on the display. i was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not i can buy the exact parts used in Google Glasses, or if anyone know a good replacement for it, preferably for a decent price

Advertisement

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I don't think Google put that out anywhere on the WWW.
    The hardware sucked but the concept is Beautiful.

I've seen some better implemintations

4. Mironescu Cezar

Would you mind sharing a link related to said implementations as I just can't seem to find them? Thanks.

5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I'm afraid I misspoke @Mironescu Cezar. The hardware I was thinking of predates Google Glass by a couple of decades and couldn't do even a 1% of what Google Glass does.

Back in my day you could by mirror on a stick that would attach to your glasses and let you see traffic behind you while riding a bicycle. This was pre-required bicycle helmet days so ancient history.

The only real similarity is that it wouldn't work unless you had glasses on.