• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how can i get movies and other videos on my Epic?

An update on the ongoing USB file transfer issues with the Epic. I asked a friend to connect the phone to their laptop computer that was running XP and there were no USB drivers installed for the Epic (or any other Android for that matter being that they have an iPhone). Their computer recogized the SD card in the EPic and they were able to transfer files through Windows Explorer via drag & drop, without any problems.

Later on, I tried connecting the Epic to my pc, first through several different ports on a USB hub (I read that Samsung advises against this but figured it would be worth a try), then through the two front ports of the pc, and finally the usb ports in the back of the pc. No luck at all. I keep on getting the "USB Device Not Recognized" in Windows.

The only thing different with my friend's laptop computer, is that they were running the older/slower USB version and they were using a different micro usb cable. I'm going to try my USB cable on their computer and their cable on my pc to see if that makes any difference.

It would almost seem that it's an issue with my pc, however, I do USB file transfers all the time with the digital camera, flash drives and external HD's. That, and a number of other folks here in the forum have written about similar problems with USB file transfers.

Upvote 0
An update on the ongoing USB file transfer issues with the Epic. I asked a friend to connect the phone to their laptop computer that was running XP and there were no USB drivers installed for the Epic (or any other Android for that matter being that they have an iPhone). Their computer recogized the SD card in the EPic and they were able to transfer files through Windows Explorer via drag & drop, without any problems.

Later on, I tried connecting the Epic to my pc, first through several different ports on a USB hub (I read that Samsung advises against this but figured it would be worth a try), then through the two front ports of the pc, and finally the usb ports in the back of the pc. No luck at all. I keep on getting the "USB Device Not Recognized" in Windows.

The only thing different with my friend's laptop computer, is that they were running the older/slower USB version and they were using a different micro usb cable. I'm going to try my USB cable on their computer and their cable on my pc to see if that makes any difference.

It would almost seem that it's an issue with my pc, however, I do USB file transfers all the time with the digital camera, flash drives and external HD's. That, and a number of other folks here in the forum have written about similar problems with USB file transfers.

i just read an article about an app that will let you access the sd card via wifi...darn, sorry, i can't remember the name of the app.

Upvote 0
At one point my computer popped up with the root and allowed me to transfer files to my Epic by plugging it into the USB port on the front side of my computer, but now that doesn't work. After trying many drivers from various sources and links it still doesn't work. I randomly tried plugging it into one of my USB ports in the back after seeing it suggested a couple times and it instantly opened up the windows explorer without even looking for drivers! So for those that can't get it to work, try out different USB ports.

And as a question relating more towards the topic, is there any way of getting movies onto the Epic that are bigger than 4GB? I have a couple 720p movies that I'd like to transfer over to my Epic but it says the file is too big for the destination. I assume it has to do with the system type with it being a FAT32?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones