• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I get my contacts and messages back

mankay

Lurker
May 27, 2012
I am hoping someone can give me the right tips on what to do to get the information I lost from my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini. Recently, I was trying to get into the apps marketplace but realised I have forgotten my password. I tried using another gmail address but the user name area was always greyed out.

To overcome that, I followed the information I got on Google and deleted my Google Application from my phone. Since then, (over a week now) I don't know how to get my contacts and messages back (I did try the backup and restore - but lost all the information after the procedure). I can't event set up a new Google account on my phone. I only have one contact and not certain how that stayed and messages from 2010.

Can someone or everyone help?????

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones