• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I get sprint if it's not offered in my area?

DrewFtw

Lurker
Aug 21, 2012
My job offers an 18% discount on sprint service and amazonwireless has the Galaxy Note 2 for $139 (cheapest anywhere, by far.) There is perfect coverage in my city, but for some reason Sprint isn't offered here in Southwest Kansas. Is there anyway I can bypass telling my location and sign up for service?

One option is to go out of town and signup for sprint in a bigger city, but that won't get me the galaxy note 2 for so cheap from amazonwireless.

My job offers an 18% discount on sprint service and amazonwireless has the Galaxy Note 2 for $139 (cheapest anywhere, by far.) There is perfect coverage in my city, but for some reason Sprint isn't offered here in Southwest Kansas. Is there anyway I can bypass telling my location and sign up for service?

One option is to go out of town and signup for sprint in a bigger city, but that won't get me the galaxy note 2 for so cheap from amazonwireless.

Wait there is perfect Sprint coverage in your area but they don't offer service there? I am confused :-\

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
Yeah it doesn't let me at all. Try zip code 67846 maybe someone knows a website that will let me sneak by lol. Tried Amazonwireless and Wirefly so far.

About halfway between Wichita and Colorado Springs?
Sprint's coverage maps show you would have service, but these maps are generally approximations. Anytime you are anywhere near the hills/mountains you will find that your coverage will vary GREATLY, and rural country, the signal does not always travel as far as they approximate. This may be part of the reason you are experiencing problems ordering - no Sprint stores or other Sprint providers near enough to your zip code?

Amazon Wireless has a customer service number you could try to contact.
You could also try Best Buy. They will price match Amazon by determining the price depending on if you are a new customer or upgrading and then add their tax and service charges. The nearest one in Wichita is pretty far from you though. A store initiated, manually adjusted (they might have some options they can try), over the phone order might be possible?
There is Radioshack and Wal-Mart and other retailers as well, like Sam's Club or Costco. I'm not sure what luck you will have with availability and price matching though.

Upvote 0
this is a very bad idea...

sprint dont want to sell you a phone in an area that has no support.. you will be that angry client calling every other week. and on here bitchin about drop calls and terrible data speeds

you will be in roaming and get huge bills.. yes they offer free roaming.. but that is only for now and then. Not 90% of the time. that costs sprint to much charge backs from other networks.

question.. do you know of any sprint customers in your area? are they happy with the service????

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones