• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I keep .mp3 files in Android?

D

Deleted User

Hi all,

I'm a newbie about Android, though I've been using PC for longer than 30 years.

Now I have a question (and trouble). Yesterday I transfer many .mp3 files in the SD card of Android to play with Music Manager in Android from my PC via USB. However, when I checked today, those files in Android were erased. I suspect they were regarded as junk files and cleaned by 360 cleaner or something. How can I set up my Android to keep music files?

The location of files is SD card->Android->Data->music(I created). But this directory (or folder) is also missing now.

Thanks in advance.

Maverick,
Create your music file on the SD card, as a first level file; SD-Music.
See how that works out...
IMG_20170728_100527.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Daniel Fernandes
Upvote 0
Hi all,

I'm a newbie about Android, though I've been using PC for longer than 30 years.

Now I have a question (and trouble). Yesterday I transfer many .mp3 files in the SD card of Android to play with Music Manager in Android from my PC via USB. However, when I checked today, those files in Android were erased. I suspect they were regarded as junk files and cleaned by 360 cleaner or something. How can I set up my Android to keep music files?

It's this Qihoo 360 Cleaner deleted your music? Which is a third-party user installed app and not actually Android. Suggest you uninstall 360 as it's actually adware/spyware, and isn't going you any favours.

Upvote 0
Thank you all for replies.

I found 360 Security wasn't responsible for it. Nothing deleted the new music file. As PitCarver first said, the location of directory was wrong. If music directory was under (or on?) SD card (mine has only one SD card slot) directly, it was intact.

Under Android->data, there are a lot of reverse site name directories and no simple name such as "music", so it was deleted as junk.

I installed File explorer, and am comfortable.

Thank you very much, all.

Best regards,

-Tetsuji

Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones