1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how can I make my photo edits replace the originals

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by riscman, Oct 17, 2018.

1. riscman

riscman Lurker

There seems to have been a change in Photos since I got a new phone (Galaxy S8)
    I used to be able to crop photos and the the result was saved in place of the original.
    How can I "fix" my changes. I don't want the original uncropped image but the new edited one.
    When I download the cropped image from the phone to a computer(via FTP) it sends the original image not the cropped one.

2. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

Download Quickpic -think of like as google photo app, but none of the hassle of waiting forever to upload on your cloud - and snappeed, make sure you can created a folder on your comp as whatever you wish to keep your edited photos and what you want to discored.

3. riscman

riscman Lurker

Mike thanks for the reply and suggestion to use another app. In this case however I am really looking for information on how Google Photos works. Specifically where it puts edited photos.
    Photos version 3.26 used to create a copy of a cropped photo alongside the original allowing me to download the cropped picture to my computer. This behaviour has now changed in the current Photos (version 4.3).
    With upload/sync turned off Photos offers a Save option, but I can find no trace of the saved photos. It may be relevant that DCIM is on an external SD card.

4. riscman

riscman Lurker

Photos app now working the way it should. I have made no changes, but saved copies are now appearing.
    it's a mystery

Photos

Photos Forum

com.google.android.apps.photos

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs