1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How can i make the screen never turn off?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by semus, Dec 24, 2011.

1. semus

semus Android Enthusiast

Heya,
    Im using endomondo on my phone while riding my bicycle, and i got it attached to the bicycle with a holder thingy like this, and i was wondering if it is possible to make the screen stay on all the time?
    im looking at the map as i ride sometimes, coz im riding in places i don't know, and it would be nice.

in the display settings, i can set the screen time out to 10 mins, which i can settle for, but if anyone knows a way to keep it lit, i'de be happy to learn :)

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

I think ten minuts is the limit. You just got to touch your screen every 10 minutes.

3. semus

semus Android Enthusiast

well, it turns out i was just stupid. i forgot it's called 'screen time-out' so i was looking in the market for 'screen turn off' and other stuff like that... the right search turned out very good results.

Thanks anyway :)

4. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

I got widgetsoid and used it to set up a toggle so that I can have the screen on all the time if need to. You could always look for similar app.

5. Assamiea

Assamiea Newbie

mostly maps app never turn off display when running, like my iGO, Sygic, CoPilot etc..

6. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

I have google maps, but cannot run google navigation in my country. Google navigation likely prevents screen from going off, but google map doesn't. One of the reason why the toggle for maintaining screen on is useful.

7. marypoza

marypoza Lurker

Uh uh i go the answer. Go to android market seach for SCREEN TIMEO
    TIMEOUT. A huge list of widgets will show up. Pick one that fits you. I chose one called scren off. You turn it on and off is like a lght switch on your screen.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews